Report a Hazardous Property

To report a property that may be hazardous please fill out a compliant form at City Hall or online at the City's website (this form can be found on the "Report or Request" page). This form be dropped off at City Hall, mailed to City Hall or emailed to the Fire Prevention staff.

Fire hazards can also be reported by calling the Brush Clearance Program Office at 562-694-8283 Ext. 323. Please provide as much information as possible regarding the concern, including street address, description of hazards, and contact information. If we are unable to answer the phone, please provide us with a valid phone number or email address and the best time to return your call.

Complaints must be submitted in writing. Vague descriptions or broad regions of the alleged fire hazards make it difficult for the Fire Prevention staff to respond to complaints in an accurate manner and/or verify the validity of the complaint. Staff asks that complainants find the address or APN number of the parcel when filing the complaint. You can view all properties of the City on the Los Angeles County Assessors Map here. If you cannot find the parcel or do not have access to a computer, you can schedule an appointment with staff to determine which parcel might be in violation.