If you have lost a pet or found a stray animal, you can contact Fido Come Home.
The City of La Habra Heights contracts with Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control for services related to the care, protection, and safety of animals. Animal Control Officers respond to violations for unleashed animals, unlicensed dogs, and respond to emergency calls related to animals. Animal Control also offers information on shelters, pet adoptions, and answers requests for service that are received from La Habra Heights residents.
L.A. County Animal Care & Control
- All dogs and cats must have a license. All animal licenses expire a year after the date of purchase.
- Animal Licenses can be obtained in person at Downey Animal Shelter or online at Los Angeles County Care and Control website.
- An animal license is required at four months of age. Owner must present a current rabies vaccination certificate.
- There is a $20 penalty for licenses renewed after the license renewal date.
- Unaltered Dogs - $60
- Spayed/Neutered - $20/$7.50 for seniors, 60 years or older.
- Unaltered Cat- $10
- Altered Cat- $5
- Tag Replacement
A duplicate tag can be obtained by mailing a check for $5 to: Animal Care Center, 11258 S. Garfield Avenue, Downey, CA 90242, Attn: Duplicate License Tag
In order to qualify for the spay/neutered discount, owner must present sterilization certificate if new dog/cat or if the dog/cat was neutered since last licensing.
Animal Licenses can be obtained at:
- Downey Animal Shelter, 11258 S. Garfield Avenue, Downey, CA 90242
- Los Angeles County Care and Control website, www.animalcare.lacounty.gov.
Lost and Found Pets:
Please report lost and found pets from La Mirada to the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control. Animals lost in La Mirada are taken to the Downey Animal Shelter. Click here for more info.